Home | Apply | Contact | Testimonials | Refer | Newsletter | Share


Frequently Asked Questions

The FAQs below are a great source of info and might answer a lot of the questions you may have. Many times we find that people are always asking the same questions but should your question not be answered here, please contact an IPR Representative and we'll be sure to get you the answers you need

What should I do before I leave?

One thing that few people consider doing before they come to Korea is assigning power of attorney. If you are planning on sending money back to your home bank account to save or pay off debts, it is a good idea to assign someone you trust full access to your bank account ("trust" being the key word here).This would allow them to sign checks and make payments in your name, taking care of your financial affairs in your absence.

You could also set up direct payments that come out of your account monthly for any loan requirements that you have and obviously in this day and age signing up for Internet banking is a very good idea.

You may want to check in with Canada Revenue Agency or the IRS to find out what your financial responsibilities are regarding taxes. See the link on this site for more information.

A complete guide to your home affairs will be provided to all applicants that have been accepted by IPR for employment overseas.

What should I pack?

It's possible to find many western products in the big cities of Korea, but they tend to be expensive. If you like cooking you may want to bring spices with you. Most schools ask that you dress professionally and slightly conservative. Koreans are very fashion-conscious and you will be inspected from head to toe. Outside of school, casual clothes are fine. There are 4 seasons with winter being quite cold and summer being quite hot. Shoes that fit western feet are sometimes difficult to find.

Deodorant, vitamins, tampons, normal tasting toothpaste (many get used to the Korean kind), Gravol and good condoms are all next to impossible to find. If you find them they'll be expensive. If you use them, pack a year's supply or make arrangements with someone to send you a care package. Rest assured that beauty supplies are very plentiful.

If you have room in your suitcase, it's a good idea to pick up some basic level English workbooks, card games, storybooks, a Scrabble game, or any other type of teaching material you can think of. A few photos of your family and loved ones are not only comforting but are instant lessons.

Another useful article to pack is a laptop computer which is helpful for many reasons. Firstly, communication. Skype and messenger have made keeping in touch with people back home cheap & easy. Also while there is some English programming in Korea downloading TV shows can pass the time. A computer also allows you to stay connected with local news from home. While a computer is good, it certainly isn't a necessity because PC Rooms (Internet Cafes) are cheap & plentiful.

Please note: that you can generally buy a new desktop for a very reasonable price, but laptops have bundled software in them and are packaged for the Korean market - translation, a Korean version of Windows.

What is Korea like?

Korea is a small country about the size of Lake Michigan. Mountains cover 70% of the country, and the population is 50 million. This means that there are a lot of people and not much room. The cities are crowded, but the countryside is lush and green and the sea is great outside of the industrialized and major city centers.

How is the weather in Korea?

Korea has 4 distinct seasons. The rainy season happens in June or July lasting about 2 weeks, varying from year to year in length and severity. The temperature ranges from 35 degrees Celsius to -20 degrees Celsius, hot and humid in the summer and cold and snowy in the winter. Spring and autumn are the best seasons here. The warmth of spring and the cherry blossoms are welcome after a cold winter, and in autumn the cool nights, the clear sky, and the brilliant leaves display Korea at its best.

How do I teach English if I can't speak Korean?

It would be extremely rare for you to be teaching English to Koreans who have never seen or heard it before. Korean elementary school children start learning English in grade 3. Some of these children have already studied English in private institutions or in kindergarten. If you are teaching children a Korean teacher will usually assist you, typically teaching the lesson first and giving you time later to go over pronunciation and intonation.

By the end of Middle school and High school, all Korean adults have studied English for a minimum of 6 years. The education system, however, rewards vocabulary and grammar, while ignoring speaking and listening skills. This makes for a very lopsided education, where students' grammar skills tend to be better than our own, but they can't ask where the toilet is. Most foreign teachers are conversation teachers who develop students' speaking and listening skills. There are many textbooks designed with this in mind and your school will provide you with the material.

Being energetic and friendly are probably the most important components and it will usually satisfy most directors if you have these traits.

What is there to do in Korea?

People often ask us what it's like there, and after some time here we say that it is the same as Canada only smaller with more people. Living abroad in general, and in Korea in particular, is what you make it to be. Some people find it strange and alienating, while others literally blossom, branching out and creating their own unique reality, unlike any they had at home. While living in a foreign country can be intimidating at times, it also means there are a lot of new experiences to be had. If you are interested in Asian or Korean culture, then you will find a wealth of people who will explain it to you. If you have even a passing interest in martial arts, then it's possible to get a black belt in a year. If you like computers, Korea is full of them. There is also hiking, fishing, white water rafting, parasailing, and rock climbing. Sports clubs are everywhere and will welcome you warmly. You can explore oriental medicine. If you're curious about Buddhism, you can expand your knowledge and get on the road to Nirvana.

Foreign teachers usually get together at local Hofs (pubs) to share a few pints and talk. Most cities have a foreign-teacher pub, and to find them you can ask your co-workers or check out different websites. Don't worry about being bored: you won't be. It's more likely you won't find enough time to do all that you want.

What can I expect from my contract?

English teaching contracts are essentially the same, but vary in the details. Some things that will certainly be included are as follows:

  • Free roundtrip airfare;
  • Rent Free Housing;
  • 100% medical insurance;
  • A substantial amount of vacation (a minimum of 2 weeks);
  • A bonus payment of one month after a 1 year contract is completed.

Your contract will tell you your duties, how many hours you are expected to teach, how many hours you are expected to be at the school, and your air ticket arrangements. All contracts presented by IPR Inc. to prospective applicants will meet all prescribed labor laws of South Korea. For a better explanation have a look at our contracts explained section of the website.

Can I teach private lessons or take on a part time job?

The law, as laid down by the Korean Ministry of Justice and Immigration Department, says that teachers are not permitted to work outside of what they've been contracted to do. Private teaching jobs are illegal under E-2 visas. Instructors are not protected by the Korean legal system, their embassies, or us if they are apprehended for working illegally.

How much money can I send home?

Under Korean law up to 100% of your gross salary can be changed into foreign currency and sent home. Wire services can transfer money directly into your home bank account, and you should ask your bank at home if they charge extra for this service. Korean banks vary in their charges to send money this way, and it usually takes 3-5 days for it to get there. You will need the address, account and transit numbers of your home bank account. Some teachers also open a Korean bank account and then send the debit card home and have someone take the money out of the ATM.

It is reasonable to expect to save anywhere from ($6000 to $12000 in one year) How much you save really depends on how frugal you are, and how you spend your time here. We know of one teacher who spent 4 years in Korea and saved close to 100 million won (nearly $90,000 USD). While possible, this is rare. We never really saw this teacher, he was always too busy working. One teacher put it simply, "In Korea you can pay off your debts and live comfortably or spend your cash and live like a rock star!"

Does North Korea present a problem?

North Korea and South Korea have technically been at war since 1950. The first Summit meeting of the two Korea's happened on June 13, 2000. While South Korea is at it's strongest point ever in regards of its relations with the North, both the American & Canadian Embassies advise that all of their citizens residing in Korea register with them, and they will notify you of evacuation procedures if the case arises.

That being said, day-to-day life is quite normal, and it's unlikely that you'll even remember about the situation in the North (unless you take the awesome DMZ tour!). The English media here covers it closely, but always keeps things positive. The North American media tends to be much more negative. One night a teacher's mother called her in a panic because she had heard on the news that the situation in Korea was "tense." she had heard about the incident that was being reported, but hadn't felt any tension in the slightest. Many people in North America think the situation is tense but expats here view it as just another story in the news. I have never met one Korean or foreigner that thought there was any imminent danger, even when the North tested their missiles in fall 2006.

How bad is crime?

Crime is such a small concern it's surprising. Violent crime is rare, but petty crimes such as breaking and entering and stealing from wallets not unheard of. Most crime that happens in Korea is "White Collar" crime or alcohol induced crime. Use your common sense and you'll be fine.

Most western woman, never feel threatened traveling alone at night. They're yelled at, proposed to, and sworn undying love to by drunken boys who want to impress their friends, but if she were to actually come near them, they would run. Some have told stories of drunken guys trying to grope them at bars but have not felt threatened in anyway. The police are on your side as a foreigner living here unless you've been involved in a serious crime, as they want to maintain a good image of Korea internationally. If you ever find yourself in a terrible situation, don't be afraid to use the 119 (the Korean equivalent of 911) services; they will quickly find someone who speaks English.

What if I'm gay?

Koreans think that homosexuality is a Western issue. They do not recognize homosexuality as existing there. It does though, and the Koreans that are gay are very far in the closet, however, all the major cities have gay bars. They are hard to find, but they do exist. We would suggest talking to other English teachers for information on the whereabouts of these bars, or on an Internet message board or chat room. We would not recommend telling your employer, unless he or she is gay him or herself; they would probably not understand and will treat you differently.

What is dating like in Korea?

Dating Koreans is a good way to learn about the culture. Dating Koreans is a good way to learn Korean. Dating Koreans is a good way to develop more headaches than you ever thought possible.

There are many different opinions on this subject, and it is difficult to generalize in an Ann Landers sort of way. Suffice to say that interracial relationships in Korea are prone to many pitfalls. Believe it or not, some foreigners claim they have been "used" by the opposite sex for their English ability. Others find the cultural differences insurmountable. Some stumble with the language barrier. Still others swear that these problems are overrated and easy to overcome. And some find true love.

But even the purest love will only be half the battle. Most Koreans would not approve of a Korean woman dating a foreign man. Close Korean friends who know you and your girlfriend may be very accepting, but the average person on the street will probably not be, and may voice their opinions. For a foreign woman dating a Korean man, the resentment is not as high. As long as marriage is not in the future, it shows favorably on the man.

What if I can't find the information I am looking for?

This website is constantly changing and being updated. In the meantime, if you have a question please contact us and we will do our best to answer it. If we can't, we'll surely be able to point you to people who can.

Why should I use IPR's recruiting service?

The Internet is full of Korean horror stories written by expats. Yes, sometimes bad things happen, but with over 10 years of recruiting experience behind us, and a support network in both Canada and Korea, we are going to do everything within our power to make sure they don't happen to you.

How are we going to do this?

First, we do a thorough background check on all schools we represent. This is done within the local foreign community, by looking at the operation itself, and through online resources. We'll also put you in contact with an English teacher currently working at the school.

Our support continues throughout your time in Korea. We believe that open communication is key, and we ask that if a problem occurs at any time, call us and tell us about it. Often problems are cultural misunderstandings that can be solved easily. If the situation escalates we will take steps to remedy it.

If there's a problem we are going to solve it!

What if I'm on a special diet?

If you're a vegetarian, we strongly recommend you quickly learn how to say, "I'm a vegetarian" in Korean. For some reason Koreans don't seem to think that cooked ham is meat, and even if you order vegetarian food it will often come along.

Additionally, the Korean diet tends to be spicy and you may get frustrated by constantly poking through your food. There are other options if you don't like spicy food, with the size of the city reflecting the range of options.

Are there any health concerns that I should be mindful of?

Health Care in Korea is generally good. The bigger hospitals and clinics are similar to what you would find in the West, and most doctors learn through Western textbooks so their English is very good, at least concerning matters medical.

You may however wish to get a few inoculations before you come and especially if you intend on traveling to South East Asian destinations. We recommend that you check out the Center for Disease Control and Prevention or with Public Health Agency of Canada.

We also recommended that you consult a travel physician before you leave your home country, especially if you plan to travel to other Asian destinations. Click the one of the links below for a travel physician closest to you:

Should I have a TESOL/TEFL Certificate?

At the end of the day teaching English is not rocket science, but it is certainly an acquired skill/art. When you are just starting out as a new teacher there is going to be a certain amount of anxiety that you may experience but it quickly passes. A course can help you with this by giving you more confidence, more "tricks" to use in the classroom and by providing a breakdown of some of the mysticism of teaching. Should you wish to take the extra step and get a certificate, it will open up some more jobs and some higher pay scales, while at the same time if you have a non-teaching or non-English related degree a TESOL/TEFL certification will make you more attractive to employers. Ultimately, a TESOL/TEFL certificate is recommended but is certainly not required.

What kind of training will I receive before I go?

The very simple answer is not much. Once you have been selected to go to Korea, we will provide you with some information to help you acclimatize to Korea and help you with your preparations. Most of the training that you will receive will be "on-the-job" training where you will shadow the person you are replacing for a time or be given a brief introductory course. Either way there will be a brief training session given which will give you the essentials of what is expected, before you go live into a classroom.

How long does it take to get a job?

That really depends on you! If you wish to leave quickly we can get you a job should the conditions be right. A lot of schools do wait until the very end to hire teachers and thus sometimes jobs come up very quickly. Other applicants are very specific about what they want from a job and these situations can take a lot longer. Generally it can vary from 3 weeks onwards for a placement.

Can I bring my spouse or my children?

You certainly can, but there are some serious considerations before taking such a step. First, will your spouse be working? If you both have degrees then it is entirely possible for IPR to arrange a job for both of you, working at the same school and living in the same apartment. We have set numerous couples up with employment and thus this is not a huge undertaking for IPR. Should your spouse not be eligible to work then there are some fundamental questions - obviously what will he or she do for the time they're there is a serious consideration. Going with children is something that needs to be seriously looked at before a decision is made. Generally we would advise against it as the facilities available for "school aged child" are pretty much non-existent, and the options that are available far exceed an English teacher's salary.

How long has IPR been in business?

We are very proud to say that we have been in business of placing teachers in Korea for the better part of a decade. In that time we have stayed true to our goal which was to provide great schools for great teachers. While others have come and gone - IPR is here to stay.

How much does it cost to use IPR?

Our service is FREE to the people that we place, however there are some fees that will be your responsibly. IPR is different from many recruiting companies in that we handle all of your documentation for you. We have learned through years of sending people to Korea that there are stumbling blocks that people face and thus we have integrated the process of doing your documents for you. Most recruiters don't do this, putting the onus on you. We'll take care of that for you, along with notarizing your degree and transporting your documents around. With the processes that IPR has developed over many successful years in business, your application into Korea will be simple and straightforward.

Do I have to send you my original degree?

Yes, you need to send it to IPR to our document processing coordinator. It is important to note that we do have a few safeguards in place to protect your degree. First and foremost, all degrees that are used for visa processing purposes are notarized with our lawyer and with the embassy. We NEVER send your original degree to Korea as we simply could not guarantee its safety. When your degree is sent to us, we have special cases that it is transported in and it'll be returned via registered mail to you in the same condition that it was received in.

Can I print my transcripts off of the internet?

No. When you are submitting your documents you must submit sealed official transcripts. This type of transcript will most likely come from the records office of your university and you must make sure to inform them that they are to be sealed separately in different envelopes. Korean immigration policies have become stricter and more precise in the past few years - unfortunately we don't make the rules but have to work within the system.

Is there lots of crime in Korea?

Certainly not! It is not uncommon to see old women counting out large sums of money in very public places - like bus stops. Crime does exist but it is very rare to be subjected to it in Korea. Most crimes are of the "white collar kind" or are generally alcohol induced. All in all violent crime is very low and the chances of you being a victim of one are even lower. That being said no matter where you are in the world you should always be sure to be cautious and not put yourself in potentially harmful situations.

Is discrimination an issue in Korea?

Although many people do not come out and say it - it most certainly is. Now this should no dissuade you from your submitting with application with IPR as we certainly work with a lot more forward thinking schools, and go the extra mile to get any person who has the skills to be employed in Korea. IPR sees discrimination rooted in a lack of understanding about different people and stereotypes that have been built up over years through media and small minded people. A great way to break down those barriers is in a classroom environment.

Do I need a teaching certificate/degree?

A teaching certificate is not necessary but is certainly well regarded and does open up more opportunities for jobs in Korea. Presently the only qualification that's required is a university degree in any discipline.

What are the benefits of single accommodation versus shared?

It really depends on what kind of person you are. Having roommates can be comforting but if you are the type of person that values your time alone you may wish to consider single accommodation. Single accommodations are exactly that, they're very small self- contained studio apartments (generally bigger when you move to a more rural destination) but when you are living with another teacher you are sure to get a bigger apartment. The utilities tend to be roughly the same & thus there is very little difference in terms of cost savings. Please note that when we match up roommates, IPR is cognizant of the person that you will be living with, and hence try to match people accordingly.

Who will I be teaching?

Koreans is the obvious answer! Students of English vary in age greatly, but for simplicity sake let's say that the whole country young and old is studying English. IPR works with all age groups but placements with older students are limited as we do not place people in jobs that are split shifts, and really when you're teaching adults you have to accommodate their schedule which means really early mornings and late nights.

What is a Split Shift?

IPR defines a split shift as a job that has a gap in the schedule of more than four (4) hours. Traditionally a split shift can be from 5:30-8:30am with the day off and then back in for work at 6pm-10pm. You might have delusions of getting up early and having a very productive day but most find that they are perpetually tired and spend their days catching up on sleep. In short, if it's a split shift you're looking for, look somewhere else as we don't offer them.

Will I work on weekends?

Definitely not! IPR does not work with any school that does not have a consecutive 2 days break per week. Even if you are offered more money, most teachers find that into the contract they are not happy with the 6 day a week work shift. Lets be honest, exploring another country has more to it than spending all your time in a classroom.

Will I experience Culture Shock?

Some do and some don't. The degree to which you will experience culture shock varies. Most people who go into the experience with an open mind manage the transition seamlessly. At the end of the day culture shock generally sets in by month 3 to 4 if at all, as when you first arrive things are so new and you are greeted with many different experiences that you don't have time to experience it. Rest assured most people who go over do not experience culture shock at all.

What happens if I have a problem when I am in Korea?

Quite simply IPR takes the time in the beginning to get you into the right job before you go to Korea, so there will be no problems later. However should an issue arise, IPR will be there to help sort it out. We are quite firm in our support of the people we place.

What is the food like in Korea?

Spicy and above all extremely healthy! It has been said that before western foods came into the country it was nearly impossible to find an overweight Korean. The diet is comprised of vegetables and very clean food. Most people when they arrive find the food to be quite pungent on the senses but as time progresses they tend to enjoy eating Korean over most other world cuisines. Should spicy food be an issue for you - don't despair as it is possible to accustom yourself into the spice or simply navigate your way to non-spicy dishes.

Who pays for my airfare?

The school pays for your airfare as part of your contract. IPR will NEVER ask you to pay for your airfare up front. IPR only works with schools that pay for the airfare in advance of your trip.

Is it easy to find the internet in Korea?

Easier than you could ever imagine! Korea is one of the most wired countries in the world and has high speed internet everywhere. Finding the internet anywhere in Korea is as easy as turning your head right or left to find a computer that is wired for use. PC Rooms (or PC Bongs) are found virtually everywhere and are dirt cheap.

How long are contracts?

Contracts are generally a 1 year commitment. They can run shorter but this is not the norm.

Can I teach shorter than a one year contract?

There are some contracts that are available that are shorter than 1 year but most are for camps that are really short term (4-6 weeks usually). Some schools are willing to work out a shorter term arrangement, but this is rare. You need to understand that the school has a significant investment in bringing you to Korea; airfare, apartment, fees for visas and also the intangibles such as the reputation of a school - common teacher turnovers do not bode well with parents. In short, shorter term contracts can be arranged but they are not the norm.

How is the transportation in Korea?

Transportation in Korea is great! Whether you are traveling by plane, bus, or high speed train, the roads, rail and airports are world class and extremely well priced. Korea is not a large country, so they have been able to build a transportation network that is the envy of many countries.

Can I contact the teachers at the school?

Of course! We make sure that you are put in touch with the teachers at the school once we have a job offer for you. We prefer that you get the info right from the proverbial "horses mouth" for your peace of mind. You have the ability to chat with someone who is already there on the ground and with whom you'll be working with.

Will I have to do an interview with the school?

Yes, you will have to do a phone interview with the school. Generally it is just an opportunity for the school to hear how you speak and they can last anywhere from 2 to 15 mins. IPR will be sure to guide you through the interview and what to expect.

How can I teach English if I don't speak Korean?

Simple - you're not supposed to speak Korean. Generally the reason that you are in Korea is to provide an avenue for students to practice their English with a Native English Speaker. At the end of the day, most everyone in Korea has some English skills, so it is very rare to be dealing with any students that have zero English.

How will I be paid?

You will be paid in South Korean Won - which is generally regarded as a very strong currency. Most times you will be paid via direct deposit to a local account that you will setup when you are in Korea, but some schools still elect to pay in cash, as for all of the technological advancements, Korea is still a very cash based society.

I want to work in a particular city can I do that?

Sure, we place people all over the country and in many different cities. When you are going through your initial application with IPR we aim to understand what you are looking for from the experience and then we work to put you in an environment conducive to your lifestyle/goals. Either way, we do not just aim to fill holes, but place you in a job that you will be comfortable with!

Is it hard to live in Korea if I don't speak Korean?

You might find it a bit challenging at first, but really it is getting easier and easier by the day. It is extremely rare to find someone in Korea that does not speak any English whatsoever. As well with cell phones, instant translations are quite easy. Also, you work in an English school so it is not uncommon to ask for help from one of your co-workers as they generally love to help out. You will be surprised to see how your language skills will develop in a short period of time.

When is the best time to apply for a job in Korea?

Right now! We have people who apply years in advance, and people who apply weeks in advance. Every month we hire (although there are peak times throughout the year) and thus we can accommodate your schedule for when you want to go overseas. Fill out the application form and chat with an IPR representative TODAY!

What is the pollution like in Korea?

It really varies. There are some industrialized cities that have very bad air quality and with the concentrated population of some of the larger cities pollution is certainly an issue. This is not to say that Korea is not without its areas of pristine nature. Should you have asthma or another respiratory issue, please let us know as we want to make sure that you are in an environment that is in line with your health.

What happens if I get sick or one of my family members does?

Quite bluntly, there is no job that is worth your health or that of a close relative. Should you have a serious illness, or an issue with a family member while you are overseas, all you need to do is contact IPR and we will help out where needed.

What is health care like in Korea?

There is a common misconception that healthcare in the Western world is the envy of every other nation. That's just not true! Korea has some excellent hospitals, equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment and world class medical professionals. Although you can find some scary clinics around, you're never too far away from a premier medical facility.

Can I watch English TV and movies in Korea?

The selection is a bit more limited but who cares. Not that we condone illegal file sharing, but unless you have been under a rock for a decade you would know about this little thing called the Internet, where things called torrents live. Seriously, most teachers these days are mad down loaders, and have all of their favorite shows downloading while they are teaching class. There is enough TV to wet your appetite (you'll learn to love CNN) since there is a lot of English channels but obviously Korean programming is in the majority. Almost all new movies (especially blockbusters) come out roughly the same time as North America and it doesn't cost a small fortune to go see one. At the end of the day, it is easy to stay in touch with your favorite sitcoms with a simple, mouse click or keystroke.

Can I teach with a friend, my GF/BF or my spouse?

Most definitely! IPR places friends, couples and spouses all the time. You'll obviously be put into the same school, and will either be sharing an apartment together or have a single Apt with your buddy as your neighbor. If you are applying as a pair be sure to submit your applications together as it's easier for everyone if they're processed in tandem.

Can I bring a pet to Korea?

You can, but we don't recommend it. Mainly for the fact that the quarantine time can be costly and very stressful on your pet. Should you be looking to stay in Korea for an extended period of time you can consider bringing "Spot" with you, but for a year, you might wish him to stay at home rather than subjecting him to the rigors of quarantine and a stressful flight.

What if I have not graduated, can I still apply?

You most certainly can, we get people who are contacting us all the time and securing a space for when they graduate. Apply now (hyperlink to app form) and start to work on the process earlier as opposed to leaving it to the last minute which is not advised.

What if I have not graduated, can I still apply?

You most certainly can, we get people who are contacting us all the time and securing a space for when they graduate. Apply now (hyperlink to app form) and start to work on the process earlier as opposed to leaving it to the last minute which is not advised.

Do I have to pay taxes while working abroad?

The answer is maybe, but most likely very minimal if any taxes will be paid. IPR makes it a policy to not comment specifically in this area, as taxation issues change and we do not want to lead you astray. Answers on these issues are better left to your accountant or your respective countries international tax office. Of note Korea has international tax treaties with a few different countries, so teachers that pay tax in Korea on their salary are not double taxed, but only pay the difference of the tax that is owed.

Will I have a Visa and if so what kind will I have?

Yes you'll have an E-2 visa. This is affectionately referred to as the "English Teaching Visa"

How long does it take to get an E-2 Visa?

This can vary greatly as there are so many different factors to consider. The general rule of thumb is that it can take as little as 3 weeks should all conditions be right but it can also be as long as 1 month from the time that you confirm your job. At the end of the day, IPR is quite successful at pushing visas through at a very efficient pace.

Can I travel outside of Korea on my E-2 Visa?

You can BUT you must make sure that you have a "Multiple re-entry Permit"". What this means is that an E-2 visa is only good for a single entry into Korea. Once you have arrived in Korea and have completed your registration with the local immigration dept., you can apply for the MRP easily. All teachers leaving for Korea will be given this info closer to their departure time. If you want to leave for a short trip, a single re-entry permit can be purchased at the airport.

Do I need travel insurance?

This is something that you should consider for two reasons. The first is that it takes some time to setup your Medical insurance in Korea (under your contract you are given full medical coverage) so should you wish to cover all the bases and have medical insurance you have to set that up. Additionally, the insurance that you are provided with only covers you when you are in Korea and not when you leave the country. You may to have some short term insurance for this instance. Please inquire with your IPR representative should you want some suggestions for medical insurance.

Will I have a bank account in Korea?

You most certainly will. Once you have all of your immigration documents sorted you can setup your own account and use this as a means to transfer your savings back to your home account.

How do I send my money back to my Home Country?

Very simply, you will need to do a "Telegraphic or Wire Transfer" which is very easy. You just walk into your Korean bank and tell them that you want to transfer it to your home branch. You will find more info about this in the departure guide to Korea and should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask your IPR Rep.

  Inter Pacific Recruiting Inc.
617 Bloor St. 2nd Flr., Toronto, Ontario, M6G 1K8, CANADA
Email: apply@interpacificrecruiting.com   Tel: 1- 416-238-1400   Fax: 1-416-352-6161 Toll Free : 1-866-375-2742 (ESL-ASIA)

© 2009 All rights reserved. | Terms | Privacy